Monday 18 October 2010

Web 2.0 in the workplace - Remixable data and Transformations

I found O'Reilly's competency 'Remixable data and Transformations' harder to relate to my career than 'Architectures of Participation'.

From the course reader I can understand the fundamental aspects of the competency to be; enabling many users to access information which can be pictures, music, text etc and then participate in the information and build on and 'remixed' to make something of their own, which can then be 'remixed'  by someone else and so on and so on. A good example of this is the YouTube phenomena which was Star Wars Kid. This video got downloaded and changed from the original video so many times that its hard to know which the original actually is and therefore 'the consumer is also the producer...the prosumer' Valtyson 2010.

There is a lot more to discuss on this topic not to mention linking this competency to my career but I think I need to first I need to do some further reading in order to get my head around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment