Monday 11 October 2010

My Initial thoughts on Using Web 2.0 as part of the BA (Hons) Professional Practice Course

The majority of us are aware of web 2.0 whether or not, like me, we know that we are. I had no idea that every time I logged onto Facebook I was using web 2.0.

I have always relied so strongly on the internet in general and particularly web 2.0 in my line of work: from booking gigs to finding out about auditions to "meeting" other dancers. For networking nothing beats using web 2.0 because its a great way of meeting peers and employers through your computer from the comfort of your own home via an on-line community.

This is why the use of web 2.0 in the form of blogs is fantastic as a part of this course. My fellow students and I can bounce ideas off one another and comment and take others comments on board in what I'd like to refer to as a 'virtual classroom'. As not all of us can attend all/any of the classes at the University then what better way for us all to learn than with help from each other via web 2.0.

Also, its a fantastic way for us further learn how to present ourselves through a web page. As a dancer I have learnt that when it comes to getting a job its often a 50/50 split between technical capability and physical appearance. I believe this is also the case in a web page. It doesn't matter what the page's content is if the page itself looks dull. Therefore, using other web 2.0 devices such as Flickr to enhance the look of the page is very important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment