Sunday 31 October 2010

Starting 'The Reflective Practitioner'

I have been unable to blog for over a week now due to commitments and I feel out-of-the-loop so to speak. Its crazy how fast one can get this feeling! Anyway, I still need to complete task 1b but for now I feel compelled to begin writing my journal and particularly about a day in my life. I am currently in rehearsals for a show so I couldn't imagine a better time to start this. I can already see how this course is going to benefit me as a professional performer. After a long day rehearsing I have never wanted to pick up a pen and paper and write down what I learned that day even though I know it would help me if I did. Now, I have no excuse!!

2 comments:

  1. Eleanor
    When the time is short - concentrating on the events that stand out can also help analyse a professional environment, in my studies people have stressed the fact that picking out the most important elements of a situation may mean NOT taking in everything. OR it could be things that you do everyday without thinking - out of habit - that will come to the surface. The Times used to have a 'day in the life of' section and I always found it fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Paula. As I have been writing my journal I have gone into it with the mind set of 'just write whatever springs to mind about the day'. And I must admit this way I have found so many things which relate to me as a professional that I didn't even realise. Things like finding the quickest route to the studios where I am rehearsing for example, this sounds trivial but in fact it means I will not be late and I will have time to warm up before rehearsals begin. Two extremely important aspects of a Professional dancers life!

    ReplyDelete