Sunday 16 October 2011

Thoughts on my inquiry so far

I am about half way through my literature reviews and I have my survey up on line. I have found that so much of the literature out there is about nutrition and body image in female dancers and so far over 86% of participants who have answered my survey are female. This has got me thinking about the direction my inquiry is taking and it seems the natural route is to focus my inquiry specifically on female dancers but without excluding male dancers altogether. Their input will act as a comparison to the data gathered from females. I do not know whether their feelings on the topics I am looking into will differ from the females but this is something I wish to find out.

1 comment:

  1. Ellie

    Yes - I have been discussing that need to focus on things in the inquiries, we discussed that about your inquiry. It is making decisions but not disregarding the evidence - it means that people have a greater ability to go where the data leads them in a way if that fits in with the inquiry which is a more qualitative style of working. I think it is good also to go with the original plan and gather data from males and then explain why there is less of it and what that might mean.

    ReplyDelete